Sunday, April 5, 2009

Eggstravaganza

Yesterday was an absolutely perfect spring day in the mountains. 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Which meant Chris was super busy working at the course. So Taylor and I decided to head over to Carrier Park and check-out Asheville’s Easter Eggstravaganza, where we soaked up the sun and people watched. Free candy and fried chicken, not to mention balloon animals and bouncy castles, always seems to bring out the finer of our mountain neighbors. Lots of Confederate flags, mullets, toothless smiles and tattooed, smoking grandmas. Thank goodness for Taylor’s gummy smile, otherwise I’m sure we would have been outed as Midwesterners and likely deep-fried and served on a stick.







And after we got done watching kids fight over plastic eggs, I forced Taylor to get a picture with the Easter Bunny. And I would say she liked him slightly more than Santa Claus, in that it took her about whopping five seconds to start screaming. Look at the horror on her face in the first picture because her lunatic mother actually handed her over to one of these people.





Classic.

2 comments:

MoCos said...

The bunny/santa screaming face picture never gets old to me..haha

Stephanie said...

there's nothing like a hillbilly get-together. Just advertise 'free' on something and everyone shows up. Looks like a good time, and Taylor got her introduction to the big bad bunny.