Thursday, May 7, 2009

Slightly used golf shirts for sale

So we have some exciting news to report from the Amys house as Chris accepted a new job as a Financial Advisor with Wachovia Securities last week. After weighing all the pros and cons of switching careers for some time, he followed his head and heart and began interviewing with a few local finance firms a few months ago. And then he found the perfect opportunity with Wachovia Securities, and they decided they found a perfect prospect in Chris. Which says a lot to get hired in the finance industry during the worst economy in decades.

It will be hard for him to leave the Country Club of Asheville after more than six years, but his sights are now set on the stock market for a paycheck and the golf course for entertainment. And, let’s be honest, after his knee heals, he’ll be able to actually PLAY golf every weekend. Yes. I will have my man home EVERY WEEKEND. Many of you nine-to-fivers take two day weekend’s for granted, but the only days Chris and I have had off together for the past six years are Mondays. And we also get holidays together. I am very much looking forward to the first Fourth of July we’ll spend together in the ten years we’ve known each other.

Back to his knee, he’s recovering at lightening speed following last month’s surgery. His doctor was amazed at how fast he’s progressing and that he can already walk without crutches, drive and ride the stationary bike. He’ll be running after Taylor in no time.

So his last day at the Club is Saturday, the 16th, and then we are leaving to join my family at the beach for the following week. He’ll start with Wachovia Securities on the 26th, and he then celebrates the big 3-0 on that Saturday, the 30th. So, yes, we have lots of excitement coming our way.

4 comments:

MoCos said...

Congrats on the big news!! Life changes are scary and exciting!!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations Chris! That's great news. I'm sure he'll still get his golf in, but now at his leisure. What an exciting change. Good luck!
That's also wondeful news that he is healing well and fast.
I'm glad you will get relaxing and fun beach time with your family soon!

The Thorson Throwdown said...

Congrats Chris! Big changes! Now who I am I going to grumble over ironing golf shirts with, Brooke?

Weight Loss Pills said...

I've really enjoyed having a look around your blog today, keep up the good work!