Inspirational words that he pretty much took to heart, being that he finished 14th out of the 200-plus runners with an impressive time of 22:40. Way to go, Speedy!
Taylor cheering on Chris at the finish line.
Enjoying a post-race treat.
I am so proud of my husband, and can’t wait to cheer him on at the Asheville half marathon next weekend. Yep, I said Cheer not Run With. I hate even talking about it, but after training so hard for so long, I pulled a muscle in my hip during a long run in July that I never was fully able to recover from. And after suffering through a seven mile run last week and then talking with my doctor, we both decided that it would be best to sit this race out and listen to my body.
And after pounding the pavement for the past year to get ready for the half, I would be totally crushed about not being able to run if it weren’t that one of my bestest friends and old college roommate, Emily, and her husband, Mike, are coming into Asheville for the weekend. And the chance to spend time with such a great friend is way better than crossing any finish line.
No comments:
Post a Comment