Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Say Uncle

My brother, Will, and Chris's brother, Ryan, each made the trip to Asheville to meet their first-ever nephew this past weekend, and it was pretty awesome to see my little man surrounded by his uncles for a few days.





And both Chris and I loved spending time with our little brothers as well. With Ryan teaching at a high school in rural Montana, we hadn't had a chance to see him since Taylor's second birthday. Meaning we had a lot of catching up to do.



And we were also happy that Will's super fabulous girlfriend, Devon, came along with him from Colorado to join in the chaos. I had met her for the first time this past fall back at the farm, and it was wonderful to be able to spend some more time getting to know her and showing her around Asheville.



Will and Ryan had only met each other one other time, and that was at my wedding nearly eight years ago. So for both of them to be able to spend some time together and get to know each other was long overdue. And, no surprise here, they both got along marvelously.



I have a feeling these both these guys are going to be pretty big influences to Luke throughout his life. And I couldn't be happier. Just as long as they don't teach him how to rummage through Mom and Dad's pantry looking for the pineapple rum in the wee-hours of the morning.