Thursday, September 15, 2011

Taylor becomes a bona fide farmgirl. Our adventure to Iowa, Part 6

Chris and I moved to Asheville over eight years ago, yet when people ask me where I’m from I boastfully say, Iowa! See that Tiger Hawk license plate on my car? I represent. But as much as I like to deny it, I am raising a southern belle. Taylor was born here, and this is her home. And including the fact that, until recently, she refused to wear anything but dresses, my little Princess can be quite the priss-pot. So I was interested to see how Miss Girly would handle ten days on the farm.

But after catching fish and mooing at cows, Taylor continued to get down and dirty, whether it be soaking herself, and her Yaya, with the hose in the front yard:







Jumping off the dock into Taylor Lake:





Riding in the back of a pickup truck:



Or climbing to the top of the sand pile:





But don’t worry, folks. Even though she took on the rough-and-tumble persona, she was still all princess at heart. Check out the awesome Toddlers and Tiaras inspired pose my sister taught her:



Thanks a lot, Lib. Don’t worry, I shall remember these fabulous quirks you taught my kids when you and Dirk bring your own impressionable beings into the world. Yep. If anyone ever asks why whenever they try to take a picture of Taylor, she strikes a pose and says, Fabulous!, I’m gonna totally blame her Aunt Beeba.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so wonderful having all of you here! I loved playing with my Taylor!