Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A lot to be thankful for

If you are related to my Mom, then you know her love of planning vacations. She LIVES for it. We will be on the final days of a current out-of-town visit and she’ll already start thinking about the next time we will all be together again. So when I was back in Iowa with the kids a few months ago, we started talking about Thanksgiving and how we needed to have a Young-family celebration during the holiday. Especially being that we hadn’t all been together since Libba and Dirk’s wedding in May of 2010, and that Libba and Dirk had yet to meet Devon, Will’s super-sweet girlfriend of over a year. It was past due. We needed a get-together.

And because I threw in the I-don’t-want-to-travel-because-I-have-small-kids card, and because Asheville is just awesome, everyone decided to come to us. And I couldn’t have been happier, as were my kids. Who LOVE the spotlight. And because we are so far away from family, it’s always heartwarming to watch Taylor and Luke play with and be spoiled by all of these people who love them so much.

And even though Libba got the majority of the money-shots during the visit, here are a few of the moments my D40 captured:















It was epic. And I’m so thankful that everyone was able to be here. And now I’m just looking forward to whatever vacation my Mom plans next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not to worry... I am working on the next trip! We had a wonderful time with all of you.