Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Living in a house of germs

So we’re only a half of a month into 2012, and I’m hoping the last few weeks aren’t indicative of what the rest of our year is going to be like... Sickness. CURSE YOU, PRESCHOOL! Nothing like ushering in the new year with three out of the four of us suffering with nasty headcolds and fevers. Somehow I’ve managed to stay healthy enough to take care of everyone else, which considering the fact that I am the one who is constantly covered in snot and breathing in their germs at close-range, it is a minor miracle that I haven’t been knocked down with the illness. But I just keep overdosing on vitamins and drinking my super-food green smoothies and crossing my fingers that I stay healthy. Because once Mama goes down, it’s officially a dumpster fire.

And I’ve wanted to update you all on our fabulous trip to Birmingham and other happenings, but I’ve been busy trying to heal and comfort Chris, Taylor and Luke. And once they got comfortable, I would then soothe myself with a giant glass of wine and an early bedtime.

But reflecting back for you guys, it really was a wonderful trip south to see my beloved family. Taylor started feeling wiped out right after we got there, so she wasn’t her normal, peppy-self, but my little big man picked up the slack, and was more than happy to own the spotlight while smiling and flirting with his extended Blackwell family.



And Libba and I ran – um, I mean CONQUERED! – the Red Nose Run that Saturday we were there. I am so proud of my sister for her dedication to this sport, and I think I’ve convinced her to run the elusive Asheville half-marathon with me this fall. Hooray for running away the rage!



It was a great visit. I was able to spend some kid-free, quality time with Libba and Granddaddy while I was there, which made my heart very happy. Not that you can’t carry on a conversation while soothing a sick toddler and holding a gigantic, squirmy baby, but you know what I mean. And trust me, the kids got plenty of attention from their beloved Beeba and Dirky.



And, thank goodness, we didn’t pass on any of our sickness to anyone there. Fingers crossed. Because that’s not the kind of lasting impression I want to leave with loved ones. Boogers and coughs. UGH. Sickness be gone!

1 comment:

MoCos said...

oh no, hope you all start feeling better. I have lucked out with no winter cold yet, but I probably just jinxed myself. Get Healthy Amys!!