Friday, December 28, 2012

A very special Christmas

This was one of my favorite Christmas’s to date. And not just the actual day of, but the weeks leading into the holiday. Because Taylor totally gets it now, and under any signs of acting out, all I had to do was squint my eyes at her and say, Don’t make me tell Santa. It was pure gold. And I’m a bit bummed I have to wait 11 more months to use that gem in keeping my daughter well behaved.

Chris’s parents came into town the week before, showering us all with love and lots and lots of presents.









Luke was hilarious opening gifts this year. Each time he unwrapped a present, whether it was a ball or a sweater vest, he would gasp and throw his hands up like he had never seen anything so wonderful in his entire life.

On Christmas Eve we followed our own family tradition of going to mass early and then coming home to open more family gifts and eat lots of junk food.






Christmas morning was filled with discovering what Santa brought us and opening presents from the four of us to each other. Everyone scored pretty good this year.









Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You had a great Christmas! And you are all looking super fabulous!
Sheesh- could your kiddos get any cuter?
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, dear friend. Let's plan a party for 2013. I'm longing for some belly laughter with my friend Brooke.

KelseyB said...

YAHOO! Merry Christmas, Amys Clan! Luke: You are ROCKIN' the cowboy. It's very Tombstone of you.
T: Cabbage Patch AND American Girl Dolls?? I bet their chats are very 'The Country Mouse goes to the City'.
Brooke: No pictures of you....woe is mom.
Chris: I have a guest bedroom and season tickets to almost every Hawkeye sports event. Shane can pick us up Wig and Pen on the way home ;-)

Libba said...

I wish you had video of Luke opening his presents! I really want to see his face! He's so darn expressive!