Friday, June 13, 2008

Here we are now, entertain us

A few nights ago, while we were TRYING to eat dinner, Chris plucked a crying Taylor out of her swing and placed her next to him in the bouncy-chair. The big difference between the swing and the chair is an attachment-piece of rattles and plastic thingamabobs. Taylor loved them up, staring at the toys, giggling and cooing each time Chris flicked the rattle and bounced the chair. After inhaling the rest of our vegan entrĂ©e - I’ll explain that another time - we decided that the swing was out, the bouncy chair is the latest and greatest. Our little newborn that had once been content just staring at the mobile, is now a two-month old baby that needs a little more entertainment.

So now, as a warning to any guests that grace the Amys house, we will be in a constant flurry of rattling, singing, dancing and making extremely strange squealing noises that our daughter seems to think are hilarious. It has been almost a week and the bouncy seat is still number one, and every time I flip the rattle-man around the bar, her eyes get huge and she looks at him like, Dance, rattle-man, dance.

3 comments:

Ms. Melody said...

My husband and I always swore if anyone ever saw the things we did to entertain the baby, we would have to kill them and bury them in the back yard. Like you, I can't believe how big Miss Taylor is getting... she is a very beautiful girl! I am enjoying the updates and your writing is so very entertaining! Wish we could get together and share baby stories over a good pint of beer...

~Juli said...

The bouncy seat is how I used to take showers! I LOVE those! It's so cute when they start to enjoy the toys. Do you have an activity mat to lay her on that has toys up above it? She might really like that. Taylor is so precious Brooke! I agree with Mel...if all of us just weren't so many states apart, baby stories and beer would be so fun! :)

Libba said...

I can't wait to have those thunder thighs at my house!