Monday, July 7, 2008

Roly Poly

Taylor and I had a fabulous Fourth in Birmingham. After seven hours, three stops, four over-the-shoulder pacifier replacements and two melt-downs, we arrived at Libba and Dirk’s house relatively unscathed from the journey. And then Mommy had a margarita. My first post-pregnancy tequila, and it was all I could do to not eat the glass when I was finished.



It was so lovely to spend time with my family. I know I’m biased, but I think we’re about as fun as a family can be. Definitely the loudest. We always talk all over each other, and whoever has the loudest voice, which is usually the person who has had the most wine, will win the floor. And while Taylor has already been blessed with the Blackwell earlobes, I also hope she has inherited our ability to speak over everyone else in the room.



My sweet Taylor-tot also picked up a new trick while we were in the Ham. During a short break from wrapping my parents around her finger, she learned how to roll over. And just my luck, I was in the back room pumping when she did it for the very first time. Libba came in post-roll with a guilty look on her face, ashamed to tell me the news because she knew I’d freak that I missed it. But then Taylor rolled over again. And again. And after the long drive home yesterday, she showed her new trick to Chris. And this morning we almost expected her to roll into our room and ask to borrow the car. Our girl’s getting so big.

4 comments:

Libba said...

We miss you already. The house is quiet. And dull. But still full of wine. I'll be crossing that off the grocery list for the next, hmmmm, two months.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun and that you're back, I'd missed your posts :) Y'all are such an attractive family! I'll catch up with you soon. Amber

Meghann Whitmer said...

That's funny my family is really loud too. Could you imagine all of us in a room with 5 bottles of wine!! Happy to hear you made your journey all by yourself. Brave woman

Stephanie said...

Oh, I am so glad you're back and had a safe trip and a wonderful time. You DO have one of the funnest families I have known. (I loved being a part of it, though it seems like so long ago that your dad was kicking me out of HIS chair) Sharing wine...you've come a long way since the time your mom busted us in her liquor cabinet (sorry Meg, it was just that once, really) The picture of you and the Taylor-tot is great. You look beautiful!