Well, this afternoon the Famous Amys traveling band is packing itself in the Envoy and making the 18 hour road trip to Iowa. Straight though. No stopping. Because the more time spent with Taylor and Ruby sleeping during this massive drive, the better. I’ve tried explaining this trip to Taylor, dadadada-18 hours in the car, dadadada-PLEASE DON’T CRY THE WHOLE TIME. Because Mama and Daddy can’t handle another gruesome journey like the flight from hell this summer. Fingers crossed.
And I’m not at all worried about Chris and I fading during the drive because we are so excited to get to the farm. Night-before-Christmas excited. I can’t wait for my parent’s to see Taylor. The last time they saw her was over the Fourth of July and she rolled over for the first time, and now she is crawling and pulling herself up on everything. Let’s hope Grandma’s is baby-proofed.
Hopefully I will be seeing some of you bloggers on this trip, and for all other, Happy Thanksgiving.
1 comment:
Hey! I hope you made it to Iowa safely and your trip didn't seem tooooooo long. How did Taylor do? Enjoy your time there, tell the family hello for me.
I won't be in the area this weekend so will not make the Blogger Party, but I'm sure it will be a great time! Leave a place in the Blogger picture where you can photoshop my head!
Take care.
ps- the word verification is morepie. Is that in the spirit of Thanksgiving?
Post a Comment