And other than making holiday cookies and generating Christmas cards, my baby-free time was spent having lots of fun. On Thursday night we went out to celebrate my special person, Chele’s, graduation from WCU, where we toasted her big brain and our ability to party past midnight. Which was cruelly followed by the next morning’s headache and reminder of what fun really does feel like.
Friday was spent touring the Biltmore Estate, which is an Asheville landmark. We strolled Taylor through the enormous mansion until she wasn’t having it anymore. And then I carried her until I couldn’t lift her anymore. Sorry, Vanderbilt family. We’ll get to the basement next year. But, as Ashley pointed out, you’ve seen one ancient indoor swimming pool, you’ve seen them all.
On Saturday night Chris, Ryan, Ashley and I went to the Warren Haynes Christmas Jam downtown, where we boogied to an assortment of jam band’s finest for eight hours straight. And I survived. Barely.
The rest of the visit was spent shopping and watching Taylor crawl at lightening-fast speeds towards the Christmas tree. If we still have a standing tree in eight days, it’ll be a holiday miracle. All-in-all, we had a wonderful time with everyone here. Especially Taylor-tot, who is now going through withdrawal of not having her Grandma and Uncle’s constant and undivided attention.
1 comment:
oh holy crap i can't wait to see her next week! my house is going to be cute overload. baby taylor, hyper piper puppy, and us, of course :-)
Post a Comment