When we went to meet with Father John about the event last month, he relayed that he believed very heavily in the signs of water and oil during a baptism. And that, traditionally, the child is stripped to nothing and submerged three times. And the thought of our Taylor-tot being dunked made us laugh out loud. Because it would be like dipping a greased watermelon in a tub. A hysterical greased watermelon.
But after Father sized her up on Sunday before the service, it was concluded that she would just have her head splashed. And because Taylor’s godmother doubles as a wicked good photographer, I’m able to share the meaningful, yet slightly less entertaining, event.
3 comments:
Her timing is impeccable.
I am sorry..but that is funny.. and she is screaming and they start singing alleluia...haha.. and I don't know what crazy priest that parish has. But I have been a catholic for 25 years and been to my fair share of baptism's and not one of them has submerged a baby entirely in water. Nor have they used a bowl to dump water on a baby's head. They have used like a little gravy boat thing.. this guy is a little weird..
whoa Father! Not really helping with the towel in the face! How about a nice sign of the cross with oil on the forehead?
with the next baby you can take Mo's advice and bring your own gravy boat! Ha! Amen.
Post a Comment