And obviously the fact that my daughter religiously napped twice a day, everyday, for one to two hours each snooze made me extremely happy. Read - ECSTATIC. Not only was she down long enough for me to get my housework done, but I was also allowing myself such daily luxuries as blow-drying my hair, eating while sitting down, reading books and, yes, NAPPING. Like I said, I love to sleep.
So I know it feels like I’m totally bragging. And I guess I am, and that’s why I feel like I have to tell you guys EVERYTHING. Like sometimes, when she had already slept for over two hours in one nap, I’d get bored and WAKE HER UP. Right. I can totally hear all of you mothers of non-nappers rolling your eyes at me. But don’t worry, karma is in your court as nothing is more of a gamble than waking my daughter up out of her slumber. NOTHING.
But then a couple of days ago she refused to go down for her morning nap. And by refused, I mean howled in her crib for over 20 minutes until I finally plucked her out and watched her spitefully throw every single toy out of her toy box. And after we ate lunch I put her in her crib, and this time she laid down, slept for a couple hours, woke up and went on her merry way. One nap.
And then it happens again the next day and the day after that. And after today’s solo nap I’m convinced that this is the new law of the land. And that I’m only gonna get one time-block a day to get everything done. Which means that we’re back to having dusty baseboards, and I'm wearing a ponytail, stuffing lunch in my face and emptying out the dishwasher at the same time.
And, yes, while I’m still very fortunate to get THAT amount of time, I still have to deal with after-nap-Taylor everyday. Which is like trying to predict the Asheville weather, because she can either be totally stoked to be up, ready to eat her snack and play with Ruby, or she can make life pretty miserable under the Amys roof. But, luckily for us, today it was the previous.
1 comment:
LOVE her laugh!
Post a Comment