And it’s not that I didn’t expect some pearly whites to replace the gaps between the fronts and the molars, but it had been so long since we’ve last dealt with teething-Taylor that it came as a surprise. Like, REALLY? We’re not done with this YET? So I dug to the back of the medicine cabinet to fish out our teething tablets and Tylenol, and also made sure we had a few ice cream sandwiches in the freezer for emergencies.
So my little peanut’s mouth is already pretty sore, right? Well, just to keep things exciting, she went head-first off her toy zebra onto the hard wood floors yesterday afternoon. And, as a parent, you become a good judge of shake-it-off falls compared to oh-my-GOD falls. Well, unfortunately this was one of the latter. And after both Chris and I rushed to the scene of the crime and I picked our sobbing mess of a daughter off the floor, then we noticed the blood. OH MY LORD, THE BLOOD! Gushing out of her mouth. Forcing Chris and I into panic mode. Seriously, we would rather perform root canals on each other than watch our little girl be in pain, not to mention the BLOOD. It was horrible. Probably more so for us than her.
And after calming her down, we had to asses the situation by holding her down and examining her teeth, and OH THE TORTURE! She had already forgotten about the fall, and here we were, forcing our fingers inside her tender mouth and wiggling all her teeth to make sure we didn’t need to make an emergency trip to our dentist. But other than a gigantic fat, cut-up lip, everything seemed to be fine. So we turned on Dora the Explorer, gave T a soft treat and Momma poured herself a giant glass of wine. Hey, it was a stressful hour. And I’m sure it was five o’clock somewhere.
And this morning we checked her teeth again, and all was well. Her swollen lip even went down a few sizes from the night before, making me feel less like a child abuser when we went to the gym. I did, however, move Mr Bouncy Zebra upstairs to the nursery, now allowing her bounce to her heart’s content while on carpet. Which she did, of course. She and her swollen lip jumped right back on and bounced off into the sunset. That’s my little cowgirl.
2 comments:
Oh, poor baby T. I'm glad wine was close by!
poor thing, I know the feeling, poor Cora had taken some diggers lately
Post a Comment