Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hello 32

So yesterday was my birthday. And while I was able to celebrate early with my family last weekend, yesterday was filled with lots of birthday love and cheer from my husband, my daughter and my closest friends. Taylor gave me her present early, by allowing me to sleep in until 7:45 that morning. Ah, Thanks Peanut! Momma loves sleep. And then she gave me this:



And after de-yogurting our dining area, the day was spent lounging, talking on the phone to loved ones, eating lunch with close friends, napping and just generally being spoiled. Birthdays are fun. And while yesterday was special because at the end of the day I got to open presents, I really do feel like my husband, daughter, friends and family make me feel like it’s my birthday just about every day. I am a very blessed person.

So. Back to the presents. I’m not going to sit here and list ALL of them, but I am going to highlight one that Chris gave me. Gave US. He signed both he and I up for the Asheville Half-Marathon this fall. Yep, come mid-September, the slow girl in the red shirt and her hubbie are going to run 13.1 miles throughout our mountainous city. Together. It’s something that we have both always wanted to check off our lists, and THIS is the year we are going to do it. Bring it on, 32. I'm ready for ya.

8 comments:

The Thorson Throwdown said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great day, and what a great(ambitious!)thing for you 2 to do together!

Ms. Melody said...

Happy happy day to you Brooke!! xoxoxo

Stephanie said...

I was thinking of you yesterday on your birthday- but sorry I'm late telling you. Happy Birthday Dear Friend!! I have a giant Hershey bar being sent through the mail for you;)

13.1 miles? Damn, girl!
But sounds like quite a bonding experience for you two! Good Luck!

KelseyB said...

Happy Birthday!

As for the marathon, you can SO do that! Good shoes, good music, and you already have the good company. What an adventure!

Jess said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Brooke!!! I'm glad you are running the marathon and not me but so cool that you and Chris are doing it together!! What a great thing to share!!!! Glad you had a perfect day!

~Juli said...

Happy, happy birthday good friend! Love how Taylor told you happy birthday! And what an awesome gift from your hubby. I have that goal in mind myself.

MoCos said...

happy birthday!! If matt signed me up for a half marathon I think I would take that as a hint that I can "Carb Load" everyday... I don't think things through very well. Hope you have a good birthday weekend!

Little 'Nemos said...

Happy Birthday! love the yogurt looks alot like a little monster I have at my house:)