Thursday, February 4, 2010

A playdate breakthrough

Old Man Winter has taken a break this week, replacing last weekend’s cold-weather blast with lots of sogginess and a few pockets of sunshine. And the other afternoon, after ten straight hours of rainfall, Paige and I staged a last-minute playdate for Miss T and Elliot at our house. The mom’s were thrilled to have some day-time adult interaction, and Taylor was super-excited to show-off all her toys to her best bud.



And while we have had lots and lots of playdates with Elliot, for the first time ever the girls actually played TOGETHER. Their usual grab-toys-from-the-other game was replaced with actual playing. And it was precious. And a lot more relaxing for Paige and I, as we weren’t breaking-up toddler-fights the entire time.



So the girls played awesome TOGETHER for a few hours and then it was time for our guests to go home, which Elly-bean was pretty bummed about.



But then I reminded her that she could come over to play whenever she wanted, and I also shoved a few noise-makers in her pocket for the ride home. Sorry, Paige! Come back ANYTIME.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can't believe how these two are growing up!
BFFs from the start!

Little 'Nemos said...

That last picture is priceless!!