Friday, September 24, 2010

Finding new ways to exhaust a two year old

Between the pool being closed for summer and the weather cooling down, Taylor has seemed to accumulate enough pent-up energy in her toddler body to fuel a small nation. At any point during the day, she’ll just drop what she’s doing and take off in hot laps around our house. And I’m all for enthusiasm for life, but this Mama Bear’s in hunker-down-for-fall mode, and this kid’s wearing me out.

So yesterday morning in an attempt to release a bit of the oomph, I took Miss T to open gym for kiddos at the High Flight gymnastics studio downtown. And because my friend, Jen, also has a two year old who was used to treading water all summer, she, Marin and her son, Isaac, joined us.

And I wish I had gotten better pictures of them running in circles, but most of the images turned out blurry. So these were the best I got:











Taylor just LOVED every second of the hour we were there, especially jumping into the foam pit and running underneath the parachute. At the end of the session, we all sat in a circle, sang a song and then the kids got stamps on their hands.





And you would have thought the director had branded T’s hands with tiny diamonds, the way she walked out the door looking at the ladybug stamps. Totally in awe of the whole experience. And totally worn out. Success!

3 comments:

Ms. Melody said...

Taylor is getting so big! And cuter than ever! Love her pigtails!

~Juli said...

What a fun thing! The pic of Taylor gazing at her stamps is adorable!

KelseyB said...

Yahoo! My boys LOVED gymnastics! Glad you all had fun...and ran some of the sillies out.