So yesterday morning the four of us packed up the car and made the short trip to Greenville to watch our little girls squeal in delight. I don’t know who was more excited, Taylor getting to see the object of her obsession close up, or me being able to watch the happiness overtake her teeny-tiny little body.
And let me just take a moment to reflect on the whole production of the show, namely the outrageous amount of Disney Princess plastic CRAP that lined the hallways, positioned right at toddler eye-level. I hadn’t been to an event like this since the Shrine Circus as a kid, and immediately this morning I called my mother and apologized for the fits I’m sure I threw over not getting a $10 glow stick that was surely going to fizzle out on the car ride home. Mom, I’m SORRY! Because the tantrum that overtook my daughter as we were trying to leave because she didn’t get to take home a $20 plastic Tinkerbell crown was awful enough that I had to snatch off her feet and into my arms after the show and stomp out of the building fuming, Just wait until I tell Santa about THIS, young lady!
But I digress, back to the happiness that Disney was also responsible for before the toddler melt-down after the show. So we arrived in Greenville, parked, got an outrageously pricey box of Princess popcorn and got to our seats right as the lights were going down. And you could almost see the energy surging off of Taylor. I’m smiling right now just thinking about it.
I tried to get a good picture of T during the performance, but her expression was one of complete awe and amazement throughout the entire show.
Her favorite parts of the show were the bits about Ariel and, of course, Cinderella.
So the show itself was an entertaining ice skating performance... None of the princesses or princes fell down, which was pretty impressive. Especially considering the get-ups the characters were wearing. So, Bravo, to the performers. But a big whopping BOO! to the all the vendors waiting outside the arena, tempting all the impressionable kiddos with expensive plastic crap and causing a large amount of car rides home to be filled with, I wanna crown! sobs and cries. Is that what I have to look forward to during future trips to Disney World?
Oh well, even with the tantrum it was a pretty awesome experience for all of us, and I am so happy I was able to take her. Just seeing the excitement in her face as she was watching the Princesses made the road trip and the price of the tickets and refreshments totally worth it. Love ya, Princess!
4 comments:
Looks like little T was in heaven watching her pricesses IRL.
It's a good thing the awe on her face outweighs the trauma of the "plastic crap fit" that follows. Those fits suck, but are expected. Those vendors know what they are doing. Boo hiss.
What a great time! She looks so facinated! Kudos on the Princess popcorn (that's worth it!) Boo to the vendors.
we went to disney on ice too but it only had 1 princess and more of mickey and minney...but ava really wants to see the princess's on ice...looks like you guys had a good time =) i still cant believe we paid $10.00 for a snow cone tho...aaahhh! but yes totally worth it =)
I want to go to there. That Looks Awesome, and the look on T's face is priceless! Love it!
Post a Comment