I look back at ourselves then and smile. We were engaged, broke and halfway across the country from every single friend and family member we knew. It was single handedly the best thing we ever did, the best decision we have ever made. Not only did we stumble across a city that holds more character, beauty and friendships then we could ever ask for, but I truly believe it has made us the rock-solid couple that we are today. Thank you, Asheville. We love you dearly.
Friday, February 4, 2011
Happy anniversary Asheville
Eight years ago this week, Chris and I packed all of our college-worn, earthly belongings into both of our cars and a UHaul trailer and moved from Iowa City to Asheville. We had no idea what to expect - We hadn't even seen the apartment we had already signed a year-lease on over the phone. We didn't know a single soul in Asheville, and the only thing we had waiting for us was Chris's job at the Country Club. We didn't even have cell phones, and I can remember clear-as-day, both Chris and I finding a pay phone outside of an Arby's on our side of town and calling each of our parents to let them know we arrived safely and that we'd call them in the next few days when we had a better grasp on the situation.
I look back at ourselves then and smile. We were engaged, broke and halfway across the country from every single friend and family member we knew. It was single handedly the best thing we ever did, the best decision we have ever made. Not only did we stumble across a city that holds more character, beauty and friendships then we could ever ask for, but I truly believe it has made us the rock-solid couple that we are today. Thank you, Asheville. We love you dearly.
I look back at ourselves then and smile. We were engaged, broke and halfway across the country from every single friend and family member we knew. It was single handedly the best thing we ever did, the best decision we have ever made. Not only did we stumble across a city that holds more character, beauty and friendships then we could ever ask for, but I truly believe it has made us the rock-solid couple that we are today. Thank you, Asheville. We love you dearly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awww, this is so stinking cute. It gave me chills. I know one person who is happy you two made the move to Asheville. ME!
So adorable.. WOO-HOO Amys and Asheville!!
aww love it!! what a great story!! i am coming up on my 8 year anniversary of moving here too!! so fun to look back and see how much has happened!
Post a Comment