Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Showering Baby Scully

I hosted a baby shower for my dear friend, Paige, and the bean in her belly this past weekend. I love that when Paige and I met over eight years ago we were just two Midwestern-transplants that worked at the same bar, enjoyed watching football and shared a deep appreciation for Phish. And now here we are, two married old ladies with mortgages and kids. It’s been a wild and crazy ride, and I couldn’t think of a more wonderful person to grow with and confide in. And that’s why I wanted to make her shower a truly special occasion.

And what better place to hold a baby shower then the French Broad Chocolate Lounge? A fantastic, funky space that is purely dedicated to chocolate and other sinfully-sweet delicacies.







And thanks to my recent obsession with Pinterest, I’ve started to channel my inner-craftiness, which helped inspire me to make a wishing tree that everyone could contribute a special message to the baby on.





It was a great party. And I can’t wait to meet this new little peanut that will eventually become Luke’s partner in crime, and will hopefully be as tight as Taylor and Elliot are.



And thus begins a new, wonderful chapter in the Brooke-and-Paige friendship. And because she delivered Elliot a mere three months before I had Taylor, it is only fair that I give her the same laboring advice that she gave me before it was my turn – It hurts. It hurts really bad. HA!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Awe. Very cute craftiness, my friend. I have heard of this pinterest, but haven't let myself log onto it, yet. I have projects to finish and to-dos to cross off before I let myself have another (even though creative) time suck. My latest being Words with Friends. I belive I have 17 games going right now.

Good luck to Paige!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet shower for a Sweet girl!
P.S. might have to check this place out!
mamma