Monday, December 5, 2011

Deck the halls

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas around the Amys house, as last weekend we put up our tree and other festive decor. I kept feeling like it was too early to embellish the house with Santas and such, but then Chris reminded me that Christmas is just a few short weeks away, so I guess I’m just in denial that this year is almost over. And not wanting to be a Scrooge, we hoisted the beautiful Frazier Fir we scored from our friend’s Christmas tree farm, and let the Princess go crazy.





Luke got into the spirit too.





And after throwing all the ornaments on it, I took a step back and happily announced that it was the least-attractively decorated tree we have ever had. And that may sound wrong to say, but it is. The ornaments are concentrated in a two-foot area on one side, one of the strands of lights died after we wrapped it around the tree and the reigning angel’s head-light has been replaced by a regular nightlite bulb. It is the complete opposite of the trendy designer-trees, where all the ornaments are of one color palette and have bows and ribbons wrapped around it. But our non-fashionable tree is a FAMILY tree, and I adore it. And as the years pass by, and more and more of the dainty, fragile ornaments are replaced by cardstock and cottonballs, I will LOVE it even more. It’s not gonna win any tree beauty contests, but it something that our family decorated TOGETHER. And, for this Mama, that’s what the holidays are all about.

1 comment:

MoCos said...

Merry Christmas Amys family! Looks like I have missed a lot, but you all look fabulous, as does your tree!