Sunday, December 11, 2011

Here comes Santa Claus

We attended the Bound family’s rocking Christmas party last night, with an extra bit of holiday cheer included: A special appearance from the big guy, himself – Santa Claus.



And I’m happy to report that this is the first year that the sight of a real-live Santa Claus didn’t scare the bejeezus out of Taylor. In fact, she was totally awestruck. And this is pretty much the expression she held on her precious face the entire time he was at the party:



So Santa was sweet enough to bring each of the kiddos a little gift:



And then also read them all a Christmas book. And, only in Asheville, would Kris Kringle remind all the little children the importance of recycling during the holidays.



And then came the big Tah-dah! – Being able to sit on Santa’s lap and ask him what you wanted for Christmas. And Taylor showed no fear, as she climbed up onto him and quietly asked him, face-to-face, for a ballerina doll.



And after she told me what she asked for, I was all, A Ballerina? Really? And she said, Yes, Mama. Santa said he bring me a ballerina doll that I can name and dance with. Which is good to know, considering this Santa hasn’t done ANY Christmas shopping yet.

And then, just for kicks, I introduced Luke to Father Christmas:



Classic. We had to get a Screaming-baby-on-Santa’s-lap picture for our collection. Like I said earlier, this was the first time Taylor didn’t scream or run away crying from Santa. So I’m glad at least one of my kids won’t get a stocking full of coal this Christmas.

1 comment:

MoCos said...

Taylor's expression on her face is so cute, as is Luke's!! :)