Friday, January 20, 2012

My big girl

As I was searching through all of our pictures for Luke’s monthly milestones post, I got stuck on this image:



Holy grown up little person. Oh, Taylor! When did you become such a big girl?

For the last nine months I had been so focused on soaking up all of the newborn-ness that was expiring before my eyes, that I missed the exact moment where my first baby became a fully functioning little Miss.



And as much as I miss my chubby little Taylor-tot, this fabulous big girl she has turned into is absolutely wonderful. She is smart and sensitive, and just so precious. And I love, LOVE! being able to have real-conversations with her, and know that she understands me. And my heart still melts whenever she throws her arms around me and says, I love you, Mama.

Yes, she can test our patience and push her limits, but she is a three year old. And that’s what three year olds do. I know this for a fact, because I spend a lot of time around three and four year old little girls. And I wouldn’t trade her for any of them. She’s my adorable little peanut. And even though I can’t stop her from growing up, I am so proud of the person she is becoming. And I am so blessed to have her in my life. Sass and all.

2 comments:

~Juli said...

I remember having this same moment with Addison. I can't believe Taylor is already turning into a little girl :) What happened to our babies??

~Amy~ said...

I went thru pictures from when we first moved here 4.5 years ago and and I can't believe how much my kiddos have changed. Time goes way too fast anymore these days! I love that we have watched your sweet babies grow as well!!