Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Cankles

Last weekend we celebrated my dear friend Chele’s birthday. We went out for sushi and I wore my sassy red heels for the occasion. Somewhere between the seaweed salad and my tempura asparagus roll, my feet and ankles decide to grow a few sizes. Was it the soy sauce? The heels? The six pound fetus in my belly? Whatever the culprit, the damage is done. I can no longer fit into any of my cute shoes and have officially retired my beloved Frye boots to the closet. It looks like someone inflated both of my legs below the knees with an air compressor. Oh well. At least we are heading into flip-flop season and, let's be honest, finding my feet is like a scavenger hunt at this point.

2 comments:

Libba said...

I thought your doc chastised you for referring to them as "cankles." You need to start calling them "prankles." Pregnancy-ankles :-)

Love the Big Lebowski shout-out! Ha!

Ms. Melody said...

Hey Brooke! Came across this via the Carlson blog - so happy I did! Nice to see your smiling face and excited for you on the arrival of baby!! Hope you don't mind I will add you to my blog page and continue to check in on you and your family... I love this blog thing and finding old friends and keeping in touch as we all grow old! :)