It was a huge bonus being able to go through pregnancy with a friend. Paige & I indulged in mint chocolate chip ice cream and sour balls, socialized with O’Douls and sparkling cider, made fun of everyone else in our water yoga class and took lots of walks where the only things we would discuss were impending-labor, our fat ankles and how cute our babies are going to be. It was also a great advantage being three months behind Paige, to watch her belly grow, to hear about her labor and childbirth experience and, of course, to mooch off all of her cute maternity clothes now that she’s skinny again.
Unlike Chris & I, Paige and her husband, Danny, were able to wait until the birth to find out the sex of their baby. Paige was convinced it was a boy, and when I found out Baby Amys was a girl, we were pretty certain Baby Scully was going to be wearing blue. I was carrying high, Paige was carrying low. I had morning sickness, Paige didn’t. My baby’s heartrate was high, Paige’s baby’s was low. We were all pretty surprised when Miss Elliot JoAnn Scully made her debut, and when Danny sent the It’s a girl! announcement my heart fluttered with excitement. Pink tutus, pigtails and princesses… this is going to be so much fun!
It has been amazing to watch Rell and Elliot grow in the past months, and if I am blessed with a baby half as sweet and beautiful as both LeAnn and Paige’s girls then I will be over the moon. I’m really looking forward to watching our three divas grow up together. I’m already picturing future birthday parties – Rell’s at the pool, Elliot’s at the skate palace and Baby Amys with the bouncing castle and pony rides. And, as the picture shows, Elliot’s already pretty jealous about the pony thing. Sorry, Elliot, we’ll have fun doing the limbo at your party… Spring birthdays RULE!
4 comments:
that pict is so cute! you guys will have a blast with all your girls and watching them grow up! All of Ava's girlfriends in Sioux Falls are at least 2 years older than her! she is going to have to find a good fake id so she can hang out with them when they get older or head back to Iowa and hang out with Kendal and Lilli!!!
Elliot's not crying?! I wouldn't say she was upset, more like excited. Loving the new camera?
Brooke,
I came across your website from Juli's website and am so excited for you! I love your antics on pregnancy and your upcoming birth. Best of Luck to you and your hubby. You'll do great!
Amy (Hoaglund) Deeds
You are the funniest and cutest blogger eva!! It made me cry a little reading it. Life has a funny way of finding perfect situations and presenting them! Um...like us:)I love that picture and I think I am going to need you to email it to me! Lots of love right back at ya!
Post a Comment