At our 39-week appointment yesterday, my doctor brought up inducement. Leading into this, Chris & I were pretty hesitant to induce - Baby will come when she’s ready. But after talking about all the post-due date tests and then looking at my swollen feet, we decided that a gentle nudge of modern medicine isn’t going to hurt anything. My due date is Monday, April 14th, and if Baby is still reluctant to make her debut, we scheduled for inducement on the 18th. It was kind of like making a reservation at the spa or a hotel - Do you have anything available on the 18th? Yes. What time? We have a 7.00a, with check-in at 6.00a. Be sure to bring something comfortable to wear, meals are provided and we‘ll pencil in a check-out time of 24-48 hours after delivery. Oh yeah, you’ll be leaving with your BABY.
Now the irony of making the appointment makes us feel like it’s definitely going to happen before then… Please, God, let this happen SOON. My doctor also feels like it could happen at any time. I have been having contractions, and last night they came every ten minutes for an hour and then stopped. My body is progressing - I am now FOUR centimeters dilated and my cervix is 60% effaced. My doctor’s exact words were, Wow, you’ve got a great cervix for labor. And that’s, honestly, the first time I’ve ever gotten that compliment. And now I’m all, Yeah, that’s right. I’ve got a GREAT cervix. Jealous?
8 comments:
Brooke,
Loved the photos of your belly. Just wanted to know that I am sending lots of easy labor & delivery wishes your way. And that we ate lunch at Quinton's today.
Traci W.
She's cooooooom-ing! Tomorrow!
You are SOOO having that baby girl before the 18th! You better make sure they allow early check in's! Good luck. I'll pass along the same advice I received from one of Billi's family members shortly before I was to give birth..."push hard"! :)
Okay Baby girl!!!! I know you and Chris are ready. It is amazing to me how God gets us ready for things. Havent been sleeping? - He,s getting you ready. Feeling a little anxious? He is getting you ready. Feeling like you need to clean something? He,s getting you ready.
If she needs some inducing, imagine what she is going to be like when you need to get her out the door for school.All my love and anxiously awaiting. Aunt Jane
We can't wait to hear the news. Now that you have an end in sight, things will progess. Taking that stress away will help you to relax. Good luck with everything. Wishing you all a speedy delivery.
Angel
Go on a long walk!
Congrats on a healthy baby girl last night. We can't wait to see pictures of her on here too. Enjoy her to pieces. All it took was making that appointment.
Love, The Johnson's
Well, it looks like congratulations are in order. Congtrats!!!!!! So....what's the name of the little princess?
Stephanie
Post a Comment