Thursday, April 3, 2008

A few of my favorite things

I know that lately I have been skulking around like a two-ton gorilla without bananas, waiting uncomfortably and anxiously to go into labor. However, here are some random happenings that have recently made me smile and forget about my cankles.

The weather. Spring has sprung in Asheville , and there is sunshine and daffodils abound. I normally take this for granted in April, but looking at other blogs and weather stories from the Midwest that talk about snow, snow and more snow, I am thankful for 70-degrees, blue skies and flip-flops.

Kilwin’s. Asheville just opened a Kilwin’s Candy & Ice Cream Shop about 50 yards from my office. If you have never experienced the magic of Kilwin’s, I apologize for your loss. Homemade fudge, ice cream and chocolate covered twinkies – A pregnant woman’s dream! And because I am carrying around a nine-month fetus in my belly, it’s considered cute when the sales person asks, Anything else? And I answer, MORE. FUDGE. PLEASE.

Pedicures. Chele, one of my favoritest people ever, and I got much needed pedicures this afternoon. Sorry to the fabulous technician who had to work on my overly-swollen preggo feet. And I do apologize for moaning and drooling during the foot rubdown and refusing to get out of the massage chair until the end of the cycle. HEAVEN! Thank you, Chele, for my twinkle-toes. As my childbirth-guru Aunt Jane says, nothing’s worse than a woman in labor with nasty feet.

Bad television. There was a Center Stage movie marathon on Oxygen last night, and since Chris was busy working in the yard, I was able to enjoy all of the fabulous dance scenes and really bad acting without feeling him roll his eyes in agony. I followed that with the last half of America’s Next Top Model, where, it might just be me, but all of this cycle’s ANTM girls are either really ugly or have totally unpronounceable names – ie: Anya, Fatima, Katarzyna... Sorry, Tyra. NOT so fierce. All I need now is a Top Chef or The Hill’s marathon and my head would explode with happiness.

2 comments:

MoCos said...

Hope your hanging in their Brooke... All I need to make my day go better is Some Top Chef and Hills.. I just watched this weeks TC but I don't know if I like this cast as much... well see.. Well hang in there you are almost there!!

Libba said...

Okay, so I LIKE Katarzyna (spelling?) You need to invest in tivo, then you can have your own marathons. I have multiple Hills, Office, Top Model, and Jon & Kate Plus 8 episodes just waiting to be watched on my tivo :-) Now little Miss Amys needs to appear on her due date, so that she can continue to be my excuse for not participating in the canoe wedding in Arkansas.