Sunday, April 6, 2008

I don't think you're ready for this belly

After suffering through the first trimester, we thought it might be fun to start taking photos of my rapidly growing tummy. Every week I would stand in front of the fireplace and display my progress. I’m not going to make you suffer through the belly gallery, but I will share with you the first and last photos from this project, which pretty much shows my gut going from barely showing to almost ready to explode.

When I go back to the first weeks we started taking pictures, I want to say to the woman in the picture, Yeah, look how HUGE you are. Eat something for goodness sake! And then all of the sudden there is this enormous belly that makes me squint really hard just to figure out that, yes, it is attached to my body. And, yes, I am definitely growing a baby in there. Which is, of course, the excuse I use for all of the weight gain, that it was the baby and not all of those ice cream sundaes I ate.



9 comments:

Aunt Jane said...

Hey Brooke!! Love the toes!! You will be so thankful you had them done when you look down as your are pushing and you see those pretty digits shining back at you. Apr 20th is the next full moon. What do you think?

Libba said...

I think you'd better have her before April 20th. She needs to arrive by April 17th.

Ms. Melody said...

You are so dang cute! I keep hoping there will be big news each time I check your blog.... I suppose you are wishing more than I!

~Juli said...

Oh Brooke, what a good idea! You look so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

can i really do this? respond to you via "blog" and not phone? i'll try! what a wonderful chronicle of the impending birth of the first
Amys/Young prodigy! we love you..

Anonymous said...

that anonymous was me.... as you can see.. this is "Greek" to me!

Aunt Jane said...

I cant believe your mom has entered the blog world

MoCos said...

That is cute Brooke.. What a good idea... Only you could look so good in both pictures..

Libba said...

way to go, mama! she's not as technologically challenged as previously thought!