My parents made the trip from Iowa to Asheville this week to meet Taylor, and we were lucky that my Granddaddy and Aunt Jane drove up from Birmingham to join us. We had a lot of laughs, a lot of wine and a lot of Taylor being held by her grandparents. In fact, she got really used to constantly being cooed and coddled, and right now I’m typing at a slow pace because she’s in my arms and will have a complete come-apart if I put her down… and I’m flashing forward to her as a toddler whining, But Grandma and Grandpa let me do it.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Bing Bing and Papa Don
About three years ago during one of our trips back to Iowa, my Dad declared to Chris and I that he was ready to be a grandfather. Not a big shock to us. In fact, it was rather obvious that both my parents and Chris’s parents had been chomping at the bit for us to have kids for quite a while. And now that we’ve produced something for them to spoil rotten, which is quite apparent from Taylor’s bursting closet, Chris and I have conceded that we have officially been notched down a few places on the totem poll.
My parents made the trip from Iowa to Asheville this week to meet Taylor, and we were lucky that my Granddaddy and Aunt Jane drove up from Birmingham to join us. We had a lot of laughs, a lot of wine and a lot of Taylor being held by her grandparents. In fact, she got really used to constantly being cooed and coddled, and right now I’m typing at a slow pace because she’s in my arms and will have a complete come-apart if I put her down… and I’m flashing forward to her as a toddler whining, But Grandma and Grandpa let me do it.

My parents made the trip from Iowa to Asheville this week to meet Taylor, and we were lucky that my Granddaddy and Aunt Jane drove up from Birmingham to join us. We had a lot of laughs, a lot of wine and a lot of Taylor being held by her grandparents. In fact, she got really used to constantly being cooed and coddled, and right now I’m typing at a slow pace because she’s in my arms and will have a complete come-apart if I put her down… and I’m flashing forward to her as a toddler whining, But Grandma and Grandpa let me do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
She looks like one of those Anne Geddes babies in the picture of her and mama! I miss her! And you! And I'm so bummed I couldn't be in Asheville this past weekend :-(
I was wondering when your parents were going to make the trip! Grandparents are the best...did you get to take a nap?!
They don't look like they are loving her up at all! How is parenthood treating you:) pretty awesome feeling!! makes you want to make another one:)
Dear Meg & Don, and, Brooke & Chris:
I love the pics of Meg & Don holding Taylor!! Meg & Don, I hope you feel so proud of your first born's . . i.e., Brooke, Taylor, and, . . . Chris, your first son-in-law. Love you all, wish I could have been there w/Jack & Jane. Hope the Amys come south to the 'heart of dixie'sometime this summer.
u/mike
Oh, Brooke, I am so glad that your parents got there to meet Taylor. Did they just gobble her up? It's great to see them, and now with a grandbaby! I bet it was soooo nice to have them there. Did they take a night shift so you sould get some precious sleep? That's cool that your Grandaddy and Jane came to visit, too!
Taylor is a doll.
I miss you lots.
Love, Steph
Post a Comment