We celebrated Memorial Day with an impromptu get-together at our house with some friends. Danny, Paige and Elliot came, as did Bobby, Chele and Chele’s famous crack-aroni, the most delectable, devilish homemade macaroni in Western North Carolina. A dish that is so cheesy and wonderful that if Chele wasn’t already my soul sister I would find an excuse to be her friend just to share the goodness of the crack-aroni. The weather was fantastic and we all had lots of laughs all while grilling meat, drinking beer and watching Elliot freak Ruby out in her Bumpo-chair.


It’s amazing how fast Elliot is maturing. It’s hard to believe that my itty-bitty Taylor-cakes will be that big and alert in three months. And although they seem so far apart in age now, in a short amount of time they will start to even-out and become the best of friends. Even though Paige and I have been forcing this BFF status while they were still swimming in our tummies, I’m confident we have many years of giggles and tea parties ahead of us.

2 comments:
Of course they'll be friends. It was the same reason we were best buds with all of mama and daddy's friends, we had no choice (or, rather, we didn't REALIZE we had a choice.)
I want/need the crack-a-roni recipe. It's meatless, if I recall?
Awww, My baby and I wanna hang out with you guys, too!
Post a Comment