Sunday, June 21, 2009

All in the family

We’ve been lucky to have Taylor’s Grandpa and Grandma Amys in town for the weekend, allowing Chris to be able to spend Father’s Day with his own dad and letting Princess-T be spoiled rotten for the past few days. Seriously spoiled. And I’m no fortune-teller, but Momma’s predicting a pretty wicked grandparent-hangover starting tomorrow morning.





And yesterday, we all packed ourselves in the car and took a day trip a few hours north of Asheville to visit our extended Amys family, the Garcias, and check-out their new, mountain-vacation home. Wonderful views, wonderful visit.



Chris and I are super excited to finally have some family in North Carolina, even if it is only part-time. And Taylor couldn’t be happier to be surrounded by such fun, sweet kiddos.



And today we are celebrating Chris’s second-year being a father, as well as Greg’s 30th year as a dad.



And while I’m sure Greg will be able to pass much invaluable fathering advice down to his son over the following years, Chris already, in my mind, possesses the three greatest strengths in being a successful father – Patience, humor and, of course, love.

No comments: