Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It’s fun to pet the Rubes

So Chris and I have been logging some serious hours trying to train Taylor to be gentle when interacting with Miss Ruby Blue. And even though, overall, the Rubes has been 68% sweet, 32% annoyed with baby-T’s existence, we don’t want to give our four-legged daughter any excuses to become 100% miserable. And now that Taylor is moving, grooving and a bit more excitable, she’s been known to take that pent-up baby energy and smack Rubes across the nose or pull her ears. And don’t even get me started on the plastic golf clubs Chris got T for her birthday. Yes, that was a brilliant idea. The minute she reaches for the driver, Rubes vacates the room.

So for the past few weeks, whenever Taylor feels like attacking Ruby, Chris and I intervene and show her how to properly love on her sister. And, as you can see, it’s starting to soak in.



So, yes, it’s a process. But a fun one. Oh, and the video also shows some of Taylor’s celebratory, arm-swinging dance moves, and my super-annoying rendition of the dancing Zebra song that echoes throughout our house constantly. And, yes, Taylor is still OBSESSED with her plastic sandwich bag full of baby spoons. It's her most favoritest treasure of the moment. Other than Ruby.

2 comments:

Little 'Nemos said...

Ohhhh I love it! we have the same reactions from Ruger!! Poor dogs, oh how their lives have changed:)
I love the piggys!

The Thorson Throwdown said...

I love how she automatically claps her hands when she's done something good! I was laughing pretty hard when the zebra song came on, because at the time Quinn was bouncing like a madman on our zebra!