Friday, June 26, 2009

Hot fun in the summertime

Like other parts of the country, Asheville has been hit with record-high heat the past few days. And what better past time for the scorching heat is loading up with snacks, apple juice and sunscreen, and hitting the pool. And apparently Paige, LeAnn and I weren’t the only people that came to this solution, as the Rec Park pool was packed to the gills this past afternoon. Complete with two YMCA busses full of pent-up energy, not to mention the normal crowd, we saw more tiny, scrawny bodies flailing into the water than in a stunt-scene from Titanic.

And, of course Taylor was amazed by all the action. Not so much interested in the actual swimming, as she was squealing at other kids, stealing fruit from Paige and giving her buddy, Miss Elliot, some sugar.



And because our three babes are all starting to resemble real-life little people, I tried to get a group shot of all of them. And this was the best I could get –



Well, it would have been better if we weren’t pointing them directly in the sunlight, and if Taylor hadn’t had discovered a bag of potato chips right before the picture.

Oh, and here’s another pic of the three of them, which I think gives a pretty good description of each of our daughters –



Miss Taylor, always looking for food. Miss Rell, extremely cute and well-behaved. And Miss Elliot, plotting her escape.

Yes, I think we gonna have lots of fun with these girls. Yes, I do.

2 comments:

Meghann Whitmer said...

There are so darn cute!! I love chubby little babies in their cute swimsuits!!

~Amy~ said...

Brooke, your daughter is such a lover! She is so adorable and I love to see her ever changing ways and growth into toddlerhood. Her swimsuit is the best!!!