And with Libba getting into Ashe-Vegas on Friday night, all the extra Taylor-attention almost caused our house to shift off its foundation. Meaning the world just can’t handle that much spoilage of one little girl.
And other than coming to just hang out with us, Libba arrived in Western North Carolina with the mission of finding a wedding venue for her August 2010 nuptials. And being the type-A person she is, we had a packed itinerary for Saturday, driving around the mountains to see four different locations and trying on dresses at two separate bridal stores. And because Taylor was preoccupied with her Grandma and Grandpa, just me and my sis were able to jump in the car and go off on our adventure. It was wonderful. Well, except when Libba was mauled by overly-friendly dogs at the first venue.
Here is the bride-to-be at some of our stops along the way:
Seven hours, a new pair of Frye boots and an Ultimate Grilled Cheese sandwich later, Libs and I got back to the house, opened a bottle of champagne and reflected on the day. Of the four places we saw, we loved one, kinda-liked another and totally ruled out the other two. I saw my sis in a number of gorgeous dresses, and we were able to add a few more styles to her growing list of Maybes. And even though nothing was ultimately decided upon, I think we made some progress on her and Dirk’s wedding. And even if we didn’t, at least we had a blast driving though the mountains and spending a sister-day together.
5 comments:
You two are so lucky to be so close! What fun adventures you will have sharing the wedding planning together!
I love that Libba was wearing a veil during your roadtrip to check out venues! Haha =) Can't wait to see the final decisions!
The veil is awesome. What a way to get in the mood. Fun sisters! Good luck!
What a fun day for you two. Libba is going to make such a beautiful bride!
I love the fact she wore the veil. How freaking hilarious is that.. Keep us all updated on the wedding happenings, I will admit that I am excited that mine are almost over!
Post a Comment