Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Twirly whirly

As I mentioned previously, Chris’s parents were in town last weekend visiting, meaning that our precious princess was spoiled rotten for a few days. And I get it. That’s what grandparents do - Feed their grandbabies sugar, buy them lots of toys and give them whatever they want. Good times for Grandpa, Grandma and Taylor, but then Momma and Daddy are stuck with the aftermath when they head home to Texas.

And when I say Aftermath, I mean the TEMPER TANTRUMS. Like yesterday when she threw her body on the floor and screamed at the top of her lungs because I wasn’t going to give her cookies for breakfast. Or last night, when she got SO MAD that we wouldn’t let her try and squeeze her giant bottom into the baby stroller. Or today, when she was tired of her banana and THREW it off her highchair, all while squealing that high-pitched squeal that only dogs and dolphins can understand. Not pretty.

And because I don’t want to subject you all to the misery of a toddler melt-down, I’ll give you a cuter clip of my baby girl that I took a week ago:



THIS is what I remind myself of during her red-faced come-aparts - That underneath all that toddler angst is my twirling, precious punkin-head. And I love her. Even when I’m scraping banana off the dining room floor.

2 comments:

MoCos said...

Love the baby stroller.. Lilly is as equally obsessed...she would take it to church if she was allowed!

~Juli said...

Addison spends every single Friday with her Grandma so I somewhat feel your pain. Friday nights are not my favorite. I'm not sure I want to know what life would be like if Addison spent a week with Grandma! It is their job as grandparents like you said, cleaning up the aftermath is interesting though!! :) Adorable clip, I love her little purse hanging around her arm!