Thursday, April 22, 2010

Good ole rocky top

This is gonna be a short post, Bloggers, as right now I am utilizing every second of Taylor’s nap getting ready for my big, solo-trip to Tennessee for the weekend. That’s right, SOLO. No husband, no baby, no dog. Just me. Which is both weird and completely delightful at the same time. I’m packing for one for the first time since January of 2008, and the idea of being able to bring more than two pairs of shoes and options of outfits is seriously making me giddy with excitement. It’s time to dust off my strappy, platform sandals... Momma doesn’t have to chase after a two-year old this weekend.

And the reason I’m making the trip to the gorgeous Tennessee mountains is for my sister’s bachelorette weekend. Libba is nearly a month away from becoming Mrs. South, and to celebrate her final months being Miss Young, we are cramming a cabin full of females, Pinot Grigio and cheese curls. Even my Mom is making the trip down from Iowa for the party. It’s gonna be monumental.

And while this is my first weekend away from both my husband and daughter, it is also Chris’s first weekend with just him and Taylor. And he is so jazzed to have some quality one-on-one time with his little girl. I predict lots of laughing and pancakes at the Amys house this weekend. Yep, I think we’re all in for a pretty fun weekend.

1 comment:

leynahanson. said...

Funnnnnnnnn! Have a great time, tell your Mama & Libba hi from me! Wine & cheese curls...I love it!