And how could you NOT be in a tranquil-state with this as your view:
And the company made it that much more fun. It was a given that I would be anywhere that Libba wanted me to be for her bachelorette party, but it was such a treat to have my Mom fly in from Iowa for the weekend. And we also had my mom’s sister, Jane, and my cousins, Meg and Kate, come in for the party. It was the first time we had all been together since my Gomar passed three years ago and, no surprise here, I’m sure we scared the bejeezus out of some of the local mountain folk with our deafening squeals and Pinot Grigio consumption. We’re a fun bunch.
On Saturday morning we took a tour of Sewanee, Lib’s alma mater, and other than feeling extremely OLD surrounded by college-age students, we all marveled at the beautiful campus and chapel.
We even found a tribute to our Granddaddy, Jack Blackwell, inside the church:
A few of Libba’s favorite friends made the trip up from Birmingham on Saturday afternoon, bringing a bit more fun and some crazy headgear for the bride-to-be.
All-in-all, it was a wonderful weekend spent with some of my most loved people. It wasn’t until my drive home on Sunday that I really started to feel lonesome for my husband and lovely baby girl, which was probably why I improved my travel-time by a half-hour coming back. I rushed home, gave Chris a good smooch and snatched T out of her crib to snuggle her and kiss her cheeks. And even though her arms were filled with Dora tattoos and she smelled like feet, it was one of the sweeter moments of the weekend. And as fun as it was to be carefree and wild for 48-hours, I can definitely say it feels good to be home. And even though we don’t have those views off my back porch, I wouldn’t trade this for anything.
4 comments:
so, so fun! And what a view! these are special times with special people!
It looked like a fun weekend, and Libba went to the most beautiful college ever!!
i love the last picture of you, your mama and libba...libbas eyes look like she is sure having a good time! all of the picts look beautiful! what a great place to party!
Beautiful! I totally forgot Libba went to school there..it is so breathtaking I know now why:)
Post a Comment