And Friday we celebrated our guest with a fancy trip to The Biltmore Estate, thanks to a couple of free passes from my good friend, Chele. I was a bit apprehensive as to how my toddler would handle walking through the historic landmark, but then we just told her it was a Princess castle and we were on a scavenger hunt for Cinderella.

And on Saturday afternoon, Libba and I went to a fabulous shower for yours truly that my wonderful friend, Paige, threw for me at one of my most loved restaurants, Rezaz. It was a small gathering of eight of my favorite people, and we enjoyed an afternoon of uninterrupted chit-chat and delicious food. Oh, and a dessert tray filled with cheesecakes, key lime pies, fruit tarts, lemon bars and molten chocolate cakes. It was a fantastic party, and I feel very blessed to have such beautiful women in my life.
The rest of Lib’s visit was basically spent relaxing, indulging in tri-daily caloriefests, playing Barbie Girl on her iPad and watching her work her magic behind the lens. Sunday morning I put my America’s Next Top Model knowledge to work for a maternity shoot that ended with me in a white, flowing skirt and bikini top in my neighbors front yard. I was fierce, and I can’t wait to see the pictures after she’s done editing them.
And yesterday as we gave her big hugs before she left, it was weird to think of all the changes that are going to happen before we see her again at the end of April. Baby Amys will be here, Taylor will be three and we might possibly be living in a new house. Lots of excitement and chaos heading our way in the upcoming months, which makes me even more thankful for the fun, relaxing weekend we were able to spend with Lib before the craziness arrives.
1 comment:
Looks like a fun visit! You look fabulous at your baby shower!
Post a Comment