And because I woke up Saturday morning feeling wonderful and like I was going to stay pregnant at least another day, Chris and I snuck into Taylor's room, crawled into bed with her and lovingly announced, Hey, do you know what today is, Honey? Today is your birthday party day! And the look of shock, excitement and pure joy that radiated from her precious face was enough to melt our hearts, and she squealed back, TODAY! I get my party TODAY!
And we couldn't have asked for a better day. The weather cooperated to allow us to roam between the house and the yard, and all of the kids and adults had a wonderful time celebrating our little girl.
And yesterday the three of us spent the entire day doing whatever the Princess wanted. We ate pancakes for breakfast, played outside with bubbles, touched all of her new toys and licked the frosting off cupcakes for lunch. And all day, Chris and I kept high-fiving each other and thanking our lucky stars that we were able to spend such a wonderful birthday weekend with our amazing daughter. And as we move from one terrific milestone to the next, we will always have the wonderful memories and adorable images of our fabulous daughter turning three years old.

2 comments:
oh my goodness, happy 3rd Birthday T!! You have so many exciting things coming up... eagerly awaiting baby Amys... I hope I don't miss the babe while we are in Mexico, so next week would be preferable so I can oh and aw over the little one!
Yah for a fun 3rd birthday party!!! I was thinking about you over the weekend...I'm glad it all worked out perfectly! :)
Post a Comment