But this weekend, in my first post-sickness attempt to get both kids out of the house solo, we were browsing through a store in the mall and Taylor started squealing, Mom, Ariel! MOM, ARIEL! MAH-AHM! AIR-EEE-ELL! And there it was. A Little Mermaid swimsuit. And for as much grief as I gave Chris for caving and getting her the Happy Nappy Unicorn earlier in the week, there was no way I couldn't get her that swimsuit.
And she was so excited about her new suit, that we just had to break it in at the pool yesterday.

And she is just getting so brave at the pool, and each time we go she jumps a little further and stays off the steps for longer stretches. And because Luke is always with us, sometimes in his bag and sometimes in my arms, I can't always be in the water for her to jump to. And she has adjusted beautifully.
I am so proud of her. And so is her little brother, who was cheering from the sidelines.


3 comments:
Oh my...did you notice the swimmer's kick? That girl will be on the swim team before you can count to 4!! P.S. Only a grandmother can say that! Ya Ya
That is super cute! Looks like your having a good summer!
This was Lilly last year. Kallie Voge's daughter had the Ariel swimsuit and of course Lilly was so mad that we had 3 adsorable suite but not Ariel! I found one this year too!!
Also super jealous that you can let Taylor jump in with her wings without being in the pool with her. We have the our old child pool manager back...AWFUL.. and she will not let our kids wear wings anymore...
Post a Comment