Sunday, March 23, 2008

Nesting Phase

All week long I had been a bit scroogy about Easter because I thought that Chris was going to be at the club all Sunday. I was so happy that he made a few changes to the schedule and was able to have the day off - Yea! We went to church this morning, ate a fabulous homemade brunch of pancakes and bacon and then worked our tails off on the nursery. We cleaned out closets, washed onesies and receiving blankets, stained bookshelves and organized all of the many wonderful baby gifts we have received from all of our overly-generous family and friends.

About four years ago I found a book of nursery rhyme posters at a boutique shop in Biltmore Village. It was vintage and unlike anything I had ever seen. Even though the thought of babies hadn't crossed our minds yet, I bought it for a shower gift and ended up never using it. I rediscovered it earlier this year, had the posters framed and - viola! - Princess Amys has a stylish nursery. We still have a bit more to do with the room, but I wanted to share the progress. Please note that the role of Baby Amys will be played by Piggadillo throughout this nursery reenactment.







3 comments:

~Juli said...

Oh, it's adorable! Your little princess will love it!

elizabeth said...

It looks like a very relaxing room...make sure that chair is comfortable!!!

Libba said...

i love the furniture you chose! it's timeless!