In the minutes after delivering Taylor, Chris held her in his arms and I heard him say, Precious, I will get you whatever you want. Yep, he’s toast. I’m going to be the sole disciplinarian of this family. That is until she starts dating, which the thought of already puts Chris in a cold sweat. Let the countdown begin: 15 years and 352 days until Chris starts flexing his dad muscles to underage boys.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Daddy's little girl
During our 20-week ultrasound when we found out that Taylor was a Taylor and not a Jack, the look on Chris’s face summed up what the next 18+ years of life in the Amys household is going to be like: Chris wrapped around her little finger, and me being the bad cop. He kept saying, I’m going to be tough, and I just laughed at him - I have a dad, I know the routine. The phrase doesn’t read, Mommy’s little girl.

In the minutes after delivering Taylor, Chris held her in his arms and I heard him say, Precious, I will get you whatever you want. Yep, he’s toast. I’m going to be the sole disciplinarian of this family. That is until she starts dating, which the thought of already puts Chris in a cold sweat. Let the countdown begin: 15 years and 352 days until Chris starts flexing his dad muscles to underage boys.
In the minutes after delivering Taylor, Chris held her in his arms and I heard him say, Precious, I will get you whatever you want. Yep, he’s toast. I’m going to be the sole disciplinarian of this family. That is until she starts dating, which the thought of already puts Chris in a cold sweat. Let the countdown begin: 15 years and 352 days until Chris starts flexing his dad muscles to underage boys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
yeah, just wait until the first time she says "da-da". That is all El has to say to Randy with a little smile, and you can actually see him melt a little bit, and he is defeated. She already knows that. I am the bad cop in our house. And I'm fine with that. It's kinda cute to see Randy get played.
To this day, I STILL don't think I've ever heard daddy tell us "no." It's just not in his vocabulary when dealing with us.
The pic of Taylor & Chris is quite possibly my favorite from the weekend. Such a tender moment caught on film. I'm going to try to shop it to the local baby magazines. So maybe Chris can't get into Executive Traveler, but I'm sure Alabama Baby will take him!
That is soo adorable. It is soo truke Kendal can get away with everything when Chad is in charge. She is pretty cute!
Post a Comment