Thursday, August 14, 2008

95th percentile

Taylor had her four month check-up this morning, and I’m happy to say that she’s perfect. Perfect and well-fed. Her updated stats are 16 lbs, 4 oz and 25 ¾ inches. Dr Childers said she now ranks in the 95th percentile of four month olds for weight and height, and 99.9th percentile for cuteness. Alright, I made that last one up. But he did say she was a good looking baby. Duh.

After going through my laundry list of paranoid concerns - Is her head too flat? Is it normal to drool that much? She sneezed twice yesterday, is that alright? - we talked about introducing food into her diet. Since she’s obviously getting enough to eat, he said that we can wait another month before letting her try rice cereal and that by six months she’ll be ready for green beans, peas and other veggies. And I don’t know why I’m so excited to feed her real food, but I’m ready to bust out the Cuisinart and start pureeing sweet potatoes right now.

And along with the four month check-up came the four month shots. Boo. And once again her little face turned bright red and the tears streamed down her cheeks, all while she looked at me like, Really? I thought you loved me, Mom. How could you let them do this to me again?

So I anticipate the rest of our day being a flurry of naps and crabbiness. But luckily I managed to get a few snapshots of our fabulous four month old while she was still high on her infant Tylenol buzz.




6 comments:

Libba said...

I love her widow's peak! She is just scrumptious. I want to slubber her big baby belly!

KelseyB said...

I love her! I love her! I love her! She is so cute and perfect, I just wanna smother her with smooches! Even if the Dr didn't rate her 99.9% cute, I will....where's the poll count? As for the food, I tell ya...we tried Rice Cereal ONCE! That was the end of that business. You can't go from Yummy B-Milk to disgusting Rice Cereal and then to Sweet Potato goodness! The boy's didn't let me, anyway. I get the feeling you are going to make your own...darn right! Williams-Sonoma has a great baby food cookbook with some fantastic ideas about what you can/should/shouldn't puree. It also has great ideas about how to puree funny things like meat, and what you can mix with it to make it work! Keep up the great work! You and Chris are obviously doing your jobs!

Stephanie said...

Shots are hard to watch your baby get. In fact, Randy took Brady to all of his shot appts alone, because I couldn't watch. I have taken Elly to some of hers, and either I am getting better about it or Elly doesn't scream like Brady did. She takes them like a rock star.
Anyways, shot days are freebies for the kids, they get mostly whatever they want cause you hate "doing that to them."
And by the way, Taylor is off the charts in cuteness.

MoCos said...

She gets cuter and cuter everyday!! What a peanut!! I am sorry you won't be at the wedding.. It is going to be a blast I have a feeling... Oh and I have yelled at Meghann about her blog about 6 times now..Her batteries on her camera are dead so she will be up and running in about 4 weeks.. she is not what I call a "go-getter"

Jess said...

Congrats on the 4 mo. milestone - pretty soon Taylor will be 6 months old and you will wonder where the time went. Kellen used to be so tiny and now he is packing on the ounces. I am sure your mom and dad are going nuts not being near. Bring that cutey babe home soon so they can love her up!

Ms. Melody said...

She is just so dang cute, Brooke! How could you ever say no to those big beautiful blue eyes?! Sounds like mommyhood is treating you just right! Take care...