Here’s our little patient before we went back - Doesn’t this expression read, Wait a minute, This isn’t the ice cream store! YOU TRICKED ME AGAIN!
Luckily our dentist, Marks Family Dentistry, has a great kid-friendly waiting room for their little patients, complete with giant stuffed animals and lots and lots of books about teeth.
And once we got back in our room, the dentist and her assistant gave T this giant toothbrush to play with while they gave us some info and tips on how to make her brushing experience less traumatic. Hint, looks like we’re gonna have to buy a new, pink head for our Sonicare.
And for the actual check-up, they had me sit down on the chair with Taylor hugging me, and then I would lean her back into Dr Jennifer’s lap while she looked at her teeth. And even though the first couple times we leaned her back she REFUSED to open her mouth, our dentist worked her magic and was able to get in, look at her 11 ½ teeth and conclude that everything looked great. All without Taylor making a peep. No flopping like a fish or trying to bite any fingers off - She was such a good girl! To which she was rewarded with a Dora the Explorer sticker from Dr Jennifer, and a promise from me that we’d have after-nap ice cream treats this afternoon. I know, I know - Not the best cavity-free prize. Let’s just hope the Sonicare trick works tonight.
4 comments:
Way to go Taylor...I know exactly what the thrashing & tantrum thing looks & hears like already, given my 2 years working experience at a pediatric dental office...best of luck with that milestone! I know I'm anticipating it myself =)
Wow, you guys really dress up to go to the dentist. You must have a really fancy one.
Seriously though- that first picture totally is a 'you tricked me to get me here' shot.
Way to go on the early dentist visit. Teeth are important! And electric toothbrushes are the way to go for kids, I think. We also have the ones that play music for as long as you are supposed to brush.
(plus everyday I tell them if they don't brush, their teeth will rot and fall out and they won't be able to eat apples. And that the germs on their teeth are actually little bugs. This motivates them.)
your good, we have not brought Kendal yet, what a big girl, oh and Cora just broke some teeth woo woo
I'm with Steph, that first picture is the best! Good luck getting your little gal to brush. Addison does pretty well with brushing but most of the time won't let Travis or I help so I'm not sure how much brushing is getting done exactly!
Post a Comment