So last month was super busy for us, between Libba’s visit to Asheville and our fantastic voyage back north. And because we live so far away from all of our families, it’s always a treat for Chris and I to watch Taylor bask in the attention of her grandparents, aunt, uncle and extended family members. The girl L-O-V-E-S to perform, and when you’re the only grandchild-niece-nephew on both sides of the family, the audience is always begging for more.
Taylor also showed her growing maturity level by handling all the new faces and places like a pro. Last year at this time, she would have clung to my chest and whined when introduced to so many strangers. But this trip she was passing out hugs and politely accepting treats from everyone in the room.
And other than being spoiled by grandparents and indulging in Halloween candy, another constant in our lives this past month has been Cinderella. Oh, Cinder-elly, Cinder-elly. Between watching the movie NONSTOP the entire 18-hour trip from Wisconsin to Asheville, wearing the costume until the bottom has started to fray and constantly humming, A dream is a wish your heart makes... That Disney Princess has hijacked our family. Hijacked us with cuteness.
Someone that hasn’t been affected by all the Princess Taylor cuteness, however, is Miss Ruby Blue. Yes, our four-legged daughter has taken quite the emotional beating from our two and a half year old the past few months. My day is constantly peppered with Taylor shrieking, NO kisses Ruby! or Mom, Ruby touched my leg, or GET OUTTA MY FACE RUBE! Pretty harsh stuff. So Chris and I have been making an extra effort to get down on all fours and give our furry friend as much over-the-top affection in front of Taylor whenever possible. Because when Baby comes this spring, I need harmony between Rubes and T. Or at least no more loud hysterical outbursts because the dog looked at my toddler’s snack.
And, of course, we’ve had our share of melt-downs this month. None that stand out or were recorded for posterity. But they happened. And they were awful. And they left me wondering how I’m gonna handle these tantrums while holding a newborn. So only five more months of talking Taylor off the ledge while giving her my full attention. So I guess we better have a giant supply of gummy snacks available after baby comes. Donations welcome.
So. Last month was busy but wonderful. And every time I sit down to write down my memories milestones, I think, Didn’t I JUST do this? Time’s going fast, bloggers. And I only have a few short months left before I’m dividing my attention between my precious girl and our new addition. And that’s what I keep reminding myself every time I feel sidetracked with housework and other obligations. I need to take every second I can find between now and April to savor all that is my beautiful Taylor. To snuggle her squishy body, smooch her cheeks and tickle her until she laughs so hard she can’t breathe. I think this is going to be our most favorite month yet.
3 comments:
She is just so darn cute. She'll be your big helper when baby comes!
Omigod. Taylor really thinks she is a princess! (and she IS) That picture Cracks. Me. Up!! Laughed out loud.
And with T having to share! a birthday month, and everything else very soon, stock piling the gummies is probably a good idea. She may get the same bday gift as last year, only in the Disney Princess version.
Happy 31 months, T! Love ya!
Love the last photo! She is beautiful! And growing up quite nicely, and too fast for sure. Just wait, when you bring new baby home, you will feel as though Miss T doubled in size - Overnight! It's crazy. And wonderful all in the same breath.
Post a Comment