And other than Princess Delaney, Katie also brought her two adorable seven-month old twins, Dan and Mackenzie. And while I was playing with Dan and Katie was holding Mackenzie, I held up the bouncing baby boy and had the following conversation with my daughter:
Me: Hey, Taylor. Did you know that we are going to have a baby like Dan and Mackenzie soon?
T: Yeah. But just ONE.
Me: Yes, that’s right. (As I thanked Jesus under my breath) Now, do you want a baby brother like Dan, or a baby sister like Mackenzie?
T: (Without hesitation) I want one like her. (Pointing to Mackenzie) NOT like him. (Pointing to Dan)
Me: Well, Dan is super fun too. Brothers are a lot of fun!
T: NO, Mom! I want one like HER! (Pointing to Mackenzie)
What a good hostess I raising, huh? And even though Katie and I laughed it off a bit, when I told Chris about it and we asked Taylor again if she wanted a brother or sister, she emphatically chirped, SISTER! I wanna GIRL like Mackenzie.
Oh, and don’t think we didn’t turn on our super-enthusiastic parent voices and start talking about baby brothers. Taylor, did you know that both Mommy AND Daddy have little brothers? And they’re the BEST. We LOVE our little brothers. To which she would just shake her head and say, No. I have a SISTER.
So basically we have five more months to convince Taylor how much fun it would be to have a brother, only to possibly come home from the hospital with a sister. And because Chris was the one who graduated with the psychology minor, I’m gonna put him in the driver’s seat with this one. Good luck, Dad.
2 comments:
One suggestion: point out that she'll probably have to share more of her toys etc. with a sister than she would with a brother.
(Although that kind of goes against encouraging her to share, I suppose...)
Don't Worry, when Meghann was pregnant with Lillian we would ask her if she wanted a brother or sister and she would say a Puppy. And Lillian and Lukee Boy are two peas in a pod!
Post a Comment