Monday, March 12, 2012

A sappy quote about mothering children

I found this on Pinterest a while back, and it made my heart ache it was so beautiful.

"No one else will ever know
the strength of my love
for you. After all, you are
the only one who knows what
my heart sounds like from the inside."

Pretty awesome, huh? And amazingly true. I love these little munchkins to the moon and back. And even after a long, exhausting day when they are both testing my patience and sanity, I just have to take a deep breath and remind myself how lucky I am to be able to experience every second with them. Someday, they are going to be grown and gone, and I always want to remember moments like these, where they were young and tiny and innocent and so happy just to be outside in the sunshine drawing with chalk.

3 comments:

Ms. Melody said...

So sweet! Love this. And the two munchkins in the chalk heart? *sigh* Just adorable. Most days, I wish I could bottle up that feeling you just described and crack the lid as I {we} get older and just let a small bit seep out into the everyday life. All would be well with my soul then.

Little 'Nemos said...

oh I love it! I saw that quote on pinterest!! that is the sweetest picture!!

Stephanie said...

Motherhood is magical. Sometimes that love is pretty overwhelming, and it feels that way at the most simplest of times.