Monday, September 8, 2008

It’s always entertaining

Taylor and I have a pretty good routine in the mornings. It includes waking up around 6.30 to her shrieking at her mobile in her crib, giving Chris kisses as he leaves for work, eating breakfast, loving on Ruby, watching campy morning news shows, drinking a cup of coffee the size of my head and playing with Taylor. She usually goes down for her morning nap around 9.30 and then I’m able to blog. I LOVE blogging. I do. Before blogging, my internet time was spent checking my email, shopping and browsing a few celebrity gossip sites. But now it’s straight to the blog. Whether it be moderating my own or catching up with other blogs, I very much enjoy it. It has allowed me to share pictures and stories of my life with family and friends, and I have also reconnected with so many people. It’s wonderful.

So a few days ago Taylor decided to throw our heavenly routine out the window and refused to take her morning nap. Alright, I can handle this. So I bring her into the office, give her a few toys and try to blog. And, of course, she wasn’t having it. Because I wasn’t looking at her. And because I stopped reinserting her pacifier after she threw in on the floor for the tenth time. So after about 15 minutes of her bird-like shrieking, I picked up the camera. And this is what I got.



I take in numerous things when watching this clip. One of which is that we are not ready for nice toys, or anything hard or sharp. I believe we have a few more Christmases before Taylor’s unwrapping an American Girl doll. Also, my daughter is a total and complete ham for the camera. She LOVES to get her picture taken. And I think it has something to do with all of the America's Next Top Model marathons I watched when I was pregnant. Whatever. I'm not going to apologize for watching bad television. It makes me happy and, apparently, makes my daughter fierce.

5 comments:

Libba said...

All I have to say IS, she is definitely your child. You have had the same smile in every photo taken of you since you exited the womb. You have an innate sense of where the cameras are located in the room and it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get a truly candid shot of you in which you are not showing off your best angle :-)

Do you remember that commercial with Maria Sharapova taking photos of her dog? Every time it would come on, Sipsey would look at the television and smile. She heard the click of the shutter and she instantly calms down, sits and stares at the television 'til the commercial is over!

Anonymous said...

Brooke,
She is so cute. Thank you for sharing her with us all here in Iowa! We look forward to your blog.
Love, Aunt Sandy

Jess said...

That's right, mom - quit blogging and give me lovin'! I know - it is such a great habit to have. The minute Kellen hits the hay I am glued to the laptop. Well, tonight he is having trouble hitting the hay. He must know I am blogging! Have a great week!

KelseyB said...

She is SO funny, and such a great talker. She just wants out of that chair so badly....maybe a pack n' play is in your future for blogtime?

Anonymous said...

Taylor is just a sweetheart. I love watching her videos. She knows she is loved by all the time you spend taking pictures and movies of her. She will love to look back at all the books of pictures she has of her childhood. Keep blogging. I love to check in with you all.
Miss you!
Angel