While we were pregnant with Taylor, one of our big concerns was how Ruby would handle the addition of a baby to our house. We were pretty optimistic about it. All of our friends with newborns kept assuring us that their dogs were wonderful and totally accepting of the baby. Ruby’s a good dog, she’ll be great with the baby. Not so much.
And while I’m not saying Ruby’s BAD with Taylor - She hasn’t tried to bite her or sell her to the neighbors - She’s not exactly thrilled with her new sister. In fact, she pretty much wants nothing to do with her. And I totally understand where she’s coming from. Taylor takes LOTS of our attention away from her, plus Ruby’s still healing from her knee surgery. So it makes sense that our four legged daughter is a bit resentful of this new, squirmy, smelly addition to our family.
But now that Taylor is getting more and more interactive, she is absolutely fascinated by Ruby. She’ll just sit there and stare at her, whooping and screeching at Ruby to get her to look at her. It’s pretty pathetic.
I know this rift won’t last forever. I have a feeling Ruby will come around. And when Taylor’s old enough for the highchair and throwing solid food on the floor, I believe that she and Ruby will become best friends.
6 comments:
How can Ruby not respond to that? The squealing is cute, her face just says PLEASE play with me!
Soon Taylor will be crawling and chasing Ruby to get her attention. Taylor is definately doing her part to initiate a good time together!
Aunt Sandy
Wish you were going to Vegas. I would love to see you all.
Poor Ruby! I don't like it when any one sits in my swivel chair either, Ruby. Even though the sitter is mighty cute, there are some boundaries that we just don't cross. Just kidding!
I will call you tomorrow Brooke. I am going with G'daddy to No. Carolina.
Listen! When Taylor needs help with her statistics homework when she is 18, she is free to call her Aunt Jane. I will be 71 years of age, but statistically, I should have about 30% of my brain still working.
Aw Taylor just wants to play.. Don't worry they will be buddies.. My parent's dog Jem (golden Retriever) HATED Lilly as a baby..Now that Lilly can walk and hold her own they are two peas in a pod.. They play together all the time and Jem gets good food from her..Before to long they will both be conspiring against you..
Adorable! Though she acts stand-offish, you can bet that Ruby would protect Taylor in a heartbeat. And the food thing is true, our golden retriever would stand next Jack's highchair and even after being told not to, Jack would sneak her bites on the sly. Best buddies!
Kendal and Ruger are big buds, well Kendal seems to think so...
she always asks for Ruger and wants to give him kisses.
It just gets cuter as they get older~ how is his leg doing?
Post a Comment